The Millennia Collection – NGC Gallery Preview
Filed Under: Ancients, Auction News, Education & Seminars, Goldberg Auctions, NGC, World Coins
This world-class collection of Ancient and World coins will be auctioned by Ira and Larry Goldberg on May 24-28, 2008 at the Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills and on Ebay Live.
Catalogues prices will be $15 US each, $30 International, or $40 US, $60 Int. for the entire set of 3. Catalogues: Ancient Coins, European Coins, and New World Coins (including Africa, Asia, and Oceana). Tentative date for catalogue availability is April 1, 2008. Call 1-800-978-2646 to place your order. (Subscriptions will include this catalogue.)
Because of the intense worldwide interest in this collection, we strongly suggest you make your hotel arrangements and bidding arrangements as soon as possible.
The Millennia Collection is now a featured gallery on the NGC website. Click here to view the gallery.
This gallery presents just a small sampling of the variety and extraordinary rarities that are included. Many predictions suggest that when the Millennia Collection sells, it will become the most valuable collection of world coins ever sold.
Selected examples from the collection formed the raison d’etre for Whitman’s recent award winning Money of the World: Coins That Made History, a gorgeous, full-color coffee table book co-edited by Ira and Larry Goldberg. The National Literary Guild awarded “Best World Coin Book” for 2007. This book presents coins as objects of purpose and importance, as well as having a fascinating history attached to them. The entire Millennia Collection far exceeds the hundred or so coins presented within this book, however; it is with nearly a century’s worth of cumulative collecting effort and skill that this astonishing array of over a thousand numismatic treasures have come to light.
- The Millennia Collection Catalogue Now Live on Goldberg Site
- The Millennia Collection will be on display at the New York International Coin Show
- Goldberg Pre-Long Beach Auction Sale To feature The Millennia Collection
- The Greatest World Coin Auction: The Millennia Collection (Part 1)- an Overview & Famous Pieces
- The Greatest World Coin Auction of All Time (Part 4): The structure of the Millennia collection
- ANA Debuts Online Gallery of the Bebee Collection of Paper Money
- Queen of British Gold is a Star of The Millennia
- The Greatest World Coin Auction of All Time (Part 6 of 6): The Event of the Millennia
- Trio of Roman Gold Shines at Millennia
- Complete Survey of Renaissance Medals Collections at the National Gallery of Art Now Available
About the Author
You must be logged in to post a comment.